Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway works in Nepal with Nepali and US currency only. It incorporates Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Union Pay cards.
The add-on works on the WordPress site and ONLY with WP Travel Engine plugin.
To install the Himalayan Bank Payment gateway Add-on:
- Download the extension from your dashboard
- Upload the folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate ‘WP Travel Engine – HBL Gateway’ from the Plugins menu within WordPress
How it works? #
Tour operators and travel agencies in Nepal can enable the Himalayan Bank Payment gateway for trip booking by setting up Himalayan Account with key details – Merchant ID and Secret Key.
When a traveler books a trip via Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway, the traveler is taken to Himalayan Bank to make a secure payment. After payment, the trip booking is confirmed and the traveler is redirected to your website.
For redirection, you should ask Himalayan Bank to set the Backend-URL and Frontend-URL of your site on their server. Backend-URL is the URL where you get the response of your payment from the server and the Frontend-URL is the URL where the payer is redirected after successful payment is made.
- WP Travel Engine recommends you set the Frontend URL to the TRAVELERS INFORMATION page and add the [WTE_HBL_PAYMENT_RESPONSE] shortcode to the page.
- In the case of other custom pages, add the shortcodes [WTE_HBL_PAYMENT_RESPONSE] and [WP_TRAVEL_ENGINE_BOOK_CONFIRMATION] to it and assign it to the Confirmation Page Settings.
To configure Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway Add-on, go to WP Travel Engine > Settings > Payment.
Enable “HBL Payment” and enter Merchant ID and Secret Key to allow Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway for trip booking.
- Merchant ID – Your HBL Merchant ID (required)
- Secret Key – Your HBL Secret Key (required)
In the CheckOut Page, the traveler has an option to choose Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway as a Payment option.
Later, when a traveler books a trip via Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway, the traveler is taken to Himalayan Bank to make a secure payment.
Updated configuration for HBL Payment Gateway 2.1.0 #
We have updated the HBL Payment Gateway addon with features that help strengthen the transaction made via the HBL Payment Gateway.
To configure the Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway Add-on,
- Go to WP Travel Engine > Settings > Payments > HBL Payment.
- Enter the Office ID, API Key, and Encryption Key ID. (You will need to contact the bank to get these ids)
- Enter a Merchant Signing Private Key and a Merchant Decryption Private Key.
For generating these keys, you will first need to follow the below steps:
- Generate 2 RSA key pairs using any available tool. For example, https://www.devglan.com/online-tools/rsa-encryption-decryption will generate ready to use RSA key pairs.
- The RSA key size must be 4096 bit
- You will have to generate 2 pairs of public and private keys
- Among the generated pairs of keys, provide the two public keys to the bank/service provider, one for signing and one for encryption.
- Save private keys under HBL Payment Settings inside the Merchant Signing Private Key and Merchant Decryption Private Key field.
- Enter the PACO Signing Public Key and PACO Encryption Public Key. You will need to contact the bank to get these keys.
- Keep the Notification URLs in their default values.
- Finally, click on Save & Continue.