Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway works in Nepal with Nepali and US currency only. It incorporates Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Union Pay cards.
The add-on works on the WordPress site and ONLY with WP Travel Engine plugin.
To install the Himalayan Bank Payment gateway Add-on:
- Download the extension from your dashboard
- Upload the folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate ‘WP Travel Engine – HBL Gateway’ from the Plugins menu within WordPress
How it works? #
Tour operators and travel agencies in Nepal can enable the Himalayan Bank Payment gateway for trip booking by setting up Himalayan Account with key details – Merchant ID and Secret Key.
When a traveler books a trip via Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway, the traveler is taken to Himalayan Bank to make a secure payment. After payment, the trip booking is confirmed and the traveler is redirected to your website.
For redirection, you should ask Himalayan Bank to set the Backend-URL and Frontend-URL of your site on their server. Backend-URL is the URL where you get the response of your payment from the server and the Frontend-URL is the URL where the payer is redirected after successful payment is made.
- WP Travel Engine recommends you set the Frontend URL to the TRAVELERS INFORMATION page and add the [WTE_HBL_PAYMENT_RESPONSE] shortcode to the page.
- In the case of other custom pages, add the shortcodes [WTE_HBL_PAYMENT_RESPONSE] and [WP_TRAVEL_ENGINE_BOOK_CONFIRMATION] to it and assign it to the Confirmation Page Settings.
To configure Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway Add-on, go to WP Travel Engine > Settings > Payment.
Enable “HBL Payment” and enter Merchant ID and Secret Key to allow Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway for trip booking.
- Merchant ID – Your HBL Merchant ID (required)
- Secret Key – Your HBL Secret Key (required)
In the CheckOut Page, the traveler has an option to choose Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway as a Payment option.
Later, when a traveler books a trip via Himalayan Bank Payment Gateway, the traveler is taken to Himalayan Bank to make a secure payment.