PayHere Payment Gateway is an extension for WP Travel Engine that allows tour operators to accept trips and tour payments via PayHere, one of Sri Lanka’s popular merchant services.
PayHere Payment Gateway requires the WP Travel Engine v.3.0.5 or later installed.
You must have an active merchant account with PayHere in order to make use of this Payment Gateway. You will need:
- A PayHere Merchant ID
- A PayHere Merchant Secret
Payment from any country can be accepted, as long as you use LKR, USD, EUR, GBP, and AUD as the transaction currency.
To install PayHere Payment Gateway:
- Download the extension from your dashboard
- Upload the folder to your /wp-content/plugins/directory.
- Activate the ‘WP Travel Engine – PayHere Payment Gateway’ from the Plugins menu within WordPress.
Configure the Gateway #
To configure PayHere Payment Gateway, go to WP Travel Engine > Settings > Payments.
You will see “PayHere” as an option to enable PayHere Payment Gateway for trip booking. Click PayHere to configure the setting:
- PayHere Merchant ID – Your PayHere Merchant ID (required)
- PayHere Merchant Secret – Your PayHere Merchant Secret code (required)
To configure LKR as the currency, go to WP Travel Engine > Settings > Misellanous and choose Sri Lanka Rupee as the Currency code.
In a similar way, to configure USD, EUR, GBP, and AUD, go to WP Travel Engine > Settings > Misellanous and choose United States Dollar, Euro, Pound Sterling, and Australian Dollar respectively as the Currency Code.
Later, when a traveler books a trip via PayHere Payment Gateway, the traveler is taken to PayHere to make a secure payment.