WooCommerce Payment Gateway is an addon for the WP Travel Engine plugin that enables the trip payments to be done via different WooCommerce Payment Gateways.
WooCommerce supports a number of payment gateways through extensions i.e. WooCommerce plugins. And with the WooCommerce Payment Gateway addon, the WP Travel Engine plugin will build support for these added payment gateways.
In order to use the WooCommerce Payment Gateway addon, you will need to install:
- WP Travel Engine version: 5.4.0+
- WooCommerce version: 6.4+
- WP Travel Engine – WooCommerce Payment Gateway version: 1.0+
To install WooCommerce Payment Gateway:
- Download the extension from your dashboard
- Navigate to Admin Dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin
- Now click on the Choose file option to locate the downloaded ZIP file or simply drag and drop the file to this button.
- Click on the Install Now button and then the Activate Plugin button to activate the plugin.
Configure the Gateway addon #
Once the WP Travel Engine – WooCommerce Payment Gateway addon is activated, you will need to follow the below steps to configure this addon:
- Enable the payment gateway via Admin Dashboard > WP Travel Engine > Settings > Payments > WooCommerce so that users can use WooCommerce Checkout and Payment Gateways to purchase/book trips.
- Click on Save & Continue to save the changes made.
- Set the WooCommerce Checkout page as the Trips Checkout page via Admin Dashboard > WP Travel Engine > Settings > General > Page Settings.
- Select the same Currency you have used for the WP Travel Engine on Admin Dashboard > WooCommerce > Settings > General.
- Click on Save changes.
Trip Checkout Demo #
After all the required configurations are completed on the site backend, when customers book a trip and proceed to checkout, they get directed to the WooCommerce Checkout page.
The customers then need to fill the required Booking details and use the available payment gateway to make the payment.
Finally, the customer gets directed to the Order Received page of WooCommerce after the payment is complete.
On the site backend, the admin can view the booking details via Admin Dashboard > WP Travel Engine > All Bookings or via Admin Dashboard > WooCommerce > Orders.